- Direct fit for the 2013–2018 Ford Focus ST
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminium can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location next to transmission
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- CNC-machined aluminium barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has an 88ml capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Patent pending
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto Focus ST Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Mishimoto engineers found that in most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum-assisted PCV system of the vehicle yields the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. While a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine yields very little accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles. Having only one catch can, tied into the PCV system, works best for the vast majority of Ford Focus STs on the road.
The Mishimoto Focus ST catch can kit uses the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, which is equipped with a 50-micron bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate oil from the crankcase vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit, pre-molded hoses that connect the catch can with the crankcase and intake manifold. This kit includes one application-specific mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install, but also mounts the can in a serviceable location, right next to the engine’s oil drain plug! Two CNC-machined aluminium barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of our products, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(2) 1/2" Aluminium Barbed Fittings
(4) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 500 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle. The engine’s intake manifold needs to be removed to install this product, please reference our installation video for an easy step-by-step process on how to successfully remove and reinstall the intake manifold.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 2.0L EcoBoost Chassis Codes C-Car Platform Fits 2012+ Ford Focus ST
Overall Height 96.5 mm Overall Diameter 63.5 mm Inlet 3/8" Outlet 3/8" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 88 ml Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants their products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorised dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!