- Direct fit for the 2016–2018 Ford Focus RS / 2013+ Ford Focus ST
- Sight tube allows for proper hot and cold coolant levels
- Internal baffle keeps coolant near overflow port during aggressive driving, preventing air entry into coolant system
- 100% aluminium, fully-welded construction for maximum durability during repeated temperature transitions
- Overflow nipple on fill neck allows for installation of additional NHRA-mandated overflow reservoir
- Fits with stock overflow tank cap
- Available in Wrinkle Nitrous Blue, wrinkle red, or black powder-coated finish
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Add some reliability and engine bay styling to your Focus RS/ST with the Mishimoto RS/ST expansion tank. This tank features internal baffles to prevent coolant starvation from overflow ports on the engine. Also, during high-speed cornering, braking, and acceleration, the internal baffles reduce coolant sloshing. The engineers at Mishimoto have included a sight tube to allow for proper observation of hot and cold coolant levels, making engine maintenance much easier.
Eventually, you’ll have to consider the health of your plastic expansion tank. Plastic is prone to failure after years of constant temperature variations. The Mishimoto tank is constructed from durable, TIG-welded aluminium for optimal durability and longevity. It reuses the stock expansion tank cap and includes an overflow nipple on the fill neck for adding an additional coolant tank so your Focus RS stays NHRA legal. All areas of concern are covered with this upgrade.
It’s worth noting the Focus’s stock tank is an engine bay eyesore, whereas the Mishimoto tank comes in three different variants to help with aesthetic customization: black, wrinkle red, or Wrinkle Nitrous Blue. Each of these options works with both the 2013+ Focus ST and the new 2016–2018 Focus RS. For convenience, you can install your new coolant tank upgrade in under one hour as it was engineered with perfect fitment in mind. Like all our Focus RS parts, this expansion tank also includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
(1) Aluminium Expansion Tank w/ Sight Tube
(1) Overflow Hose
(2) Rubber Sleeves
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After a few hot and cold cycles, Mishimoto recommends checking the sight tube on the side of the expansion tank to confirm proper coolant level.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 2.0L EcoBoost
Fits 2012+ Ford Focus ST
2016–2018 Ford Focus RS
Material 6061 Aluminum Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants their products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorised dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!